Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Young Love


Happy Tuesday! How is everyone doing? We are having nice weather here. It is 41 degrees right now, which is warm considering what it has been and it's not raining or snowing!!

I keep seeing everyone's Valentines day cards and I wondered what I wanted to do. I am not a person who buys alot of "Valentine" things so I went through my stamps and picked this Sugar Nellie image. I won this last year and thought immediately that this would make a cute Valentines Day card. I also have been in the red & pink mood since I got my SU DP last week. This is more paper from the pack. I really love this paper!

It also gave me a chance to use the new buttons from SU and their new punch. I have the corner punch also but I am having a really hard time figuring out the dimensions to use to "punch around the page". If anyone knows a smart person who has figured this out please let me know. I love the punch and would like to use it around images or cards.

The challenges this fits are:

Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts and Romance - I bought this heart punch for $1 from Michaels. It is one of those little things you pick up and use alot. The romance is the kids kissing.

Crafty Catz - Love. Young love is so sweet.

Mojo Monday - Sketch - I keep saying I am going to do one of their sketches and I love this one.

Caardvarks - Red Hearts - I think the little red hearts on this card really makes it.

Practical Scrappers - Designer Paper - All I can say is I love this pack and what would we do without it!

Incy Wincy Designs - Buttons, Bows, Ribbon & Lace - I love all of them so it was easy to work them into this card.

A Spoon Full of Sugar
- This is a freestyle challenge. I love this card and wanted this to me my anything for this challenge.

Totally Gorjuss - Add Dimension. I think this card has alot of dimension with the buttons, bows, popped up image.

All Sorts - Hearts and Flowers - I love the little hearts on the side and put the buttons as the middle of the flowers

Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing what you think. Please leave a comment if you like my card!

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink
DP: SU
STAMP: Sugar Nellie
MISC: SU punch, SU buttons, Prima flowers, Ribbon & Heart punch from Michaels

23 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Peggy

A really sweet card using a lovely lmage and great colours.

Thank you for sharing with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Peggy
A gorgeous card,love the image another one to add to my list,thankyou for joining us at Craftycatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

craftymum said...

Wow. This is lovely. I love this image so much. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX
p.s. do check out the DT blogs too and feel free to become a follower to see what we all get up too

Pia said...

Love it Peggy!
Try this link
http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/a-guide-for-cutting-squares-and-rectangles-with-the-scallop-trim-border-and-corner-punches.html

Michelle Quinno said...

That is so sweet, Peggy! Love that dp too. I'm still kicking myself! LOL I am buried in dp though.

Lisa said...

Hi Peggy, Gorgeous card! Love the sweet image and fab colour combo.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Sherri said...

Very nice Valentine!

Sherri Practical Scrappers DT

Heather "Hev" said...

Another beautiful card :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Amanda said...

This card is just adorable!! I just love the paper you used and that sweet image too.. I hope you join us again at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda :0)

Liz said...

Very lovely card my dear Love the way you have added the lace Thanks for joing incy wincy this week

Liz xx

Kat said...

This is such a sweet image and I love the way you've added dimension. Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

By the way here in Scotland we could do with some of your degrees as it is quite cold here just now!

Kat x

carol said...

hello. lovely sweet card, and those little hearts are so cute, well worth it's money, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Mary C said...

This card is so adorable, I love it in pink and red. Great job on it!

cheryl said...

great card love the color combo thanks for joining us at incy this week love cheryl xx love how you have added the lace too xxx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

All that red and pink. Just wonderful. Thank you for playing with us at Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

nessy said...

adorable image ~liking all the "love" detail ~very special!
vanessa xx

Nikki said...

Great attention to Details and it's beautiful
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

this is stunning, so vibrant hun, love the image, so valentines, thank you for playing with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Kristen said...

supercute.

Tam said...

Hi Peggy
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy.

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the design and colours.

My favourite colours too, sooo cute.

Tami

Marjorie said...

Such a darling card! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!

Vixykins said...

Such a sweet card and yes the image really fits nicely into the theme, lovely DP's and lace too x
Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x