Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Bryan

Good Morning.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Today is the last day of my vacation.  Tomorrow it is back to work.  I had a nice vacation.  Unfortunately I didn't get as much done as I wanted but it was nice.  Yesterday I spend the day stamping with friends.  I always enjoy those days.

Today is the Stempeltraume challenge.  This weeks theme is to make a Male card.  The timing is perfect for me because my Nephew's Birthday was Thursday and this was the card I made for him.  Like so many others, I have problems making card for men.  I bought this truck from Fred, She Said.  I wanted to make it look old.   Pull out all your Male themed stamps and play along!! 

The other wonderful challenges this card fits are:

Creative Inspirations - Sketch - I was looking for a sketch like this to make this card.  I really liked this layout.

Anything Goes - 3 Layers - With Male cards I tend to put alot of layers to make up for the fact there are no frilly embellishments.

Simple Doodles - Celebrate - Birthdays are a great reason to Celebrate!

Stamps R Us - Male Card -  I'm glad that someone else thought this was a good theme this week!!  I just found this blog and I think I am going to like it.

Paper Romance - Metal - I have the clasps on the corners and the round clip on this card.

Creative Belli - Round and Metal - I have brads to hold the corners and the round clip.

Ellephantastic - Male theme - YEAH....I don't make many male cards so I am really happy that this is the theme this week.

Secret Crafter - Blue and Cream -Both of these colors are in my DP.  

Create 4 Fun- Birthday card - I can't believe my Nephew is 26 years old.  It makes me feel old!



Thanks for visiting and looking at my card.  I appreciate it.  I also appreciate all the kind comments.  They keep me smiling.

Peggy

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi there Peggy! Great card, love the image and the colours are fantastic, especially that fab green sneaking in here and there. Thanks for joining us this week for the Ellephantastic challenge
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xx

Kristen said...

Peggy,
Bryan's card came out awesome! I love it!

Wendy said...

Hi Peggy, I really really love this card, ideal for a man card and that image is perfect. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy

Pia said...

Great card Peggy. Love the blues and greens, the ribbon treatment is pretty cool

Sally said...

Hi Peggy, Love your card. The image and colours are great.
Hugs Sally xxx

Laura said...

Hello Peggy,This is a awesome masculine card.I would have never known you had a problem with a male card.This is perfect.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us.I will love to see you back again.

Laura

joy said...

Great card! Love your use of the metal "tags"! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Great guy card Peggy! Jo x

NGCARDS said...

Lovely work, Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Karen Howard said...

What an awesome masculine card! Absolutely fabulous!

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Hugs, Karen

Michelle Quinno said...

Great job! I'm sure he loved it.

Maria Matter said...

oh Peggy, this is a gorgeous masculine card!!! I love this FSS truck and you've added just the right elements...the metal is perfect!
blessings!

TracieB xx said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the colours are lovely

Thank you for joining us over at SCS Challenge.

TracieB xx
SCSC DT Member

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations Challenge blog!

Mary C said...

Peggy this card came out perfect! Bryan is going to love it! Great work!!!!!!

Aunty Sue said...

Great card thanks for joining creative inspirations

Cindy Haffner said...

AWESOME, Thanks for playing along at Paper Romance this week!

Anonymous said...

fabulous card...Thanks so much for joining us at scsc this week and good luck
x
vicky

Lilacanglia said...

wowsers, love this image,
superb card,
Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic this week,
Hope to see you again next week,
Hugs
Angie
Ellephantastic DT

Helen Laurence said...

Hi, great card. Really good 'man' image!!
Thank you for joining the Ellephantastic Challenge this week.
Good luck!!
Hugs
Helen x

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the paper, layers and embellishments! Most of all how you colored the image is fantastic! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love this blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com