Thursday, July 16, 2009


This week has flown by. I am extremely busy at work and I am getting ready to go on vacation next week (one of the reasons I am extremely busy at work). I can't wait!!


This stamp is from High Hopes. I love their last release with the Ants. They are so cute. I am so happy I like this card because it was a little frustrating to make. I had the image colored. Loved how it came out and then when I went to stamp the grass I got a streak of green ink from the block across my image. I was so disappointed. I decided I would color another one. I wasn't as happy with how the leaves came out so, I checked my original image. The streak of green missed the leaves so I cut them out and popped them up on this image. As you can see I really wanted this grass so I did give it another try, this time being more careful. As usual, I used my cloud template. I liked the DP but didn't know if I could find anything to match it. Cranberry Crisp is a color I do not use often and was happy that it went perfectly.

I feel like the colors makes this a Fall type card which I hope for everyone in the Northeast makes them feel cooler. The hot weather has finally arrived here and my body is not use to it yet.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Let me know what you think of my Ant..

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Wild Wasabi, Cranberry Crisp
DP: Basic Gray
STAMPS: High Hopes, My Favorite Things
MISC: Copics, MM Brads

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

I love your ant! It's so cute and I love the color combo, clouds, etc. Your coloring looks great! Cranberry Crisp is one of my favorites.

We are just about to turn on the a/c so we can sleep tonight. Not used to this at all.

Kristen said...

I also love this stamp, I have one too, but I haven't inked him up yet. Your dp looks great!

Mary C said...

This card came out fabulous! I love the colors that you used on it! Your coloring looks perfect!
Great job Peggy.