Sunday, August 15, 2010

There's always something to sing about

Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  For me it is the start of a week off of work!! YEAH!!  It has been crazy at work lately so I am looking forward to a week of relaxation.  I hope to get some images colored, cards made, and some stuff done around the house that I have been neglecting.   Of course I started with the card making, not the getting things done around the house.  Yesterday I had a funeral to go to and when I got home I couldn't get motivated to do anything so I started viewing You Tube video's to make your own flowers.  The flower on this card was from one of the video's.  I wanted to use some images I have bought that have not been made into a card yet.  This Kenny K image is one of them.  I really like his images and couldn't wait to color her. 



The challenges this card fits are:

Kenny K - Bold and Bright - I love the bright pinks and blues on this card.

Fab & Funky - Use Favorite Colors - I love blues and pinks.  I really like the bright ones on this card.


Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch - I think that this worked well with the papers and image.

Pixie Dust Studio- Pretty in Pink - Most of the card needs to be pink and I have alot of pink on my card.


The Beary Scrap - Stitches - I love faux stitching.  I put it on the pin and blue DP's to add some white to the card.

Craftalicious - Pearls & Swirls - I have the pearls on the corners, of the pink & blue DP and I put a big pearl in the middle of my flower.


I Did It - Anything Goes - I love when someone picks this theme!

If the Shoe Fits - Die Cuts - I love my spellbinders!  I used the ovals and the circles on this card.

All Sorts - Paper piercing or piecing - I chose piercing to give my faux stitching a more realistic look

Crazy for Challenges - Music - This little lady is listening to her ipod.

My Partner in Crafting Crime - Teens or Tweens - What teenager doesn't walk around around with an ipod of some sort stuck in their ears.

Paper Romance - Pink & Bling - 2 things I love!  My bling are the pearls and glitter on the flower and I used hot pink as my main color on this card.

Thank you for stopping by and looking at my card!  I hope to be able to post more this week.  Thanks to everyone who leaves comments.  I love reading them and appreciate all the nice things people have to say.

Peggy.

30 comments:

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful.. Love the colors.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week..
Hugs, Linda

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card, so sweet & pretty colours!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

so cute! i love the colors you used! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!

Doreen said...

This is fabulous I love the image and your lovely pinks.xxx

Kathie said...

Hi Peggy, love your image its really cute, and all of your colours go so well together and has worked well with this weeks sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and I hope to see you here soon.

Kathie SSW

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Peggy this is one superb card those colours, flower and image are totally fabulous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jeanette said...

This card makes me want to sing. I love it. Thanks for joining us at IDIC challenge this week.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Darling card! Love the pinks and blues...so girly! Great flowers. Thanks for joining us at SSW!

mulberry station said...

Sure love your card! Darling image along with fun DP. Lots of fun emblishments. Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW

Jackie Randolph said...

Oooh, love your image and the beautiful blues and pinks!! Fabulous flowers!! Thanks for joining our challenge at SSW!

Linda Anderson said...

Ooooo, I love this card!! And that flower...perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW!!

Linda

brenda said...

Hi there

What a really fabulous card, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

B x

p.s: Did you know we have a DT call here http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

So perfect for our teen challenge.. love it! Robin
My Partner in Crafting Crime

Jeannie said...

So fun and the charm, pearls and flower are just perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

Love your fun paper and added embelishments. That image is to cute. Thanks for playing along @ ssw!

Lindsey said...

Great card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning card! Love the image and your coloring! and all the pink too :)
Thanks for playing along with the Pixies this week!
hugs, margie

Simple and Sweet said...

What a fun card! You've added a lot of fun elements to it. Fun image and wonderful work! Thanks for joining us.
Erika - SSW

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card love the image...x

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week hugs Kirsten...x

Genevieve said...

This is fab Peggy! I love the stitching, the charm, the flower & of course the image. I only discovered Kenny k images last week, they are amazing! So I purchased one & entered the challenge & won 3 images!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)

Genevieve SSW

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Peggy ~ OMG I love your faux stitching! How do you line your holes up so perfectly?! Your flower is great - It's very cool that the undersides coordinate with the whole color scheme.

I love Kenny K! I have this one, too, and haven't used it yet - I love yours!!

Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet "In Stitches" Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So sassy! I have to check out where you got this image from - it is so fun!!! Love the pinks and the other bright colors. Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty and cute I just love the Kenny K stamps. Thanks for joining us for our Beary Sweet Challenge, Good Luck!
~Patricia

JR Creations said...

Cute card. Great colours and the sentiment is fantastic. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

Crafteezee said...

Wow, love the colour combo and that funky image is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Just beautiful - thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations this week
Hugs Debbie xx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great job on this challenge! Love her bright hair color! So fun! Great sentiment to pair with her too! Thanks for playing along at KKKG this week!

Elise said...

What an awesome card! I love the image and how you did your sewing around the frame! Thank you so much for joining us at The Beary Sweet Challenge!

Hugs,
Elise

Kristen said...

I Love it! We are turning into Kenny K junkies!

Jamie said...

What a super cute image! I love the colors and the faux stitching. Thanks for joining in our Stitches Challenge!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT