Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday

Good Morning.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  I am heading off today for a day of stamping with Friends.  These days are so much fun.  The only think I hate is the packing.  I want to bring everything but really try to concentrate on the things I know I will use.  I think I did well this time.  We will see what happens the 1st time I say "I wish I had brought....."

It is Sunday so that means it is a new Stempeltraume challenge.  Today's theme is Animals!  My biggest challenge was what Animal to use.  I decided on this Sassy Cheryl freebie!  I just fell in love with him when I saw it.  We all have animal stamps.  Play along!  You can win a prize for just doing what you love!

The other wonderful challenge themes this card meets are:

Secret Crafter - Distressing - I distressed the edges of the CS.  I think it really looks good with the colors that I chose for this.


Dare you to digi - Flowers - This was easy.  The bear is holding flowers and I added flowers at the bottom.

Simple Doodles - Not a spring Chicken - You need to use something that is old.  Mine are the dew drops.  I bought a whole bunch of these when they first came out and I never use them.  I'm not sure why but they are not something I ever pick up.  The ribbon is also old.  I found it at the bottom of my ribbon holder.  I had just enough to make this bow.

S2G - Spring has sprung with Flowers - At my house one of the things that says Spring are the Bees.  I have a real problem with them every year.  Unfortunetly they are not as cute as the one on this card.  I love the flowers that this bear is holding.  It looks like he just picked them from the garden.

Fab & Funky - Get it all out - These challenges are a challenge for me because I always want to use my new stuff but .... I really needed something different than brads or pearls so I used my dew drops.  I can't remember the last time I put these on a card.  I used 8 on this card which is good to use up some of my stash of them.

Crafty Creations - Distressing - I distressed the CS.  I have always liked a distressing on cads.  It adds texture without adding additional items.  I thought it fit well with this card.

Everybody Art - Sketch.  - I loved this sketch when I saw it.  Once I picked the stamp to use for this weeks challenge I knew I could use this sketch.  I love the way this came out.

Creative Card Crew - Happy Birthday - I thought this would make a cute Birthday card.  The Bear with the flowers reminds me of kids when they pick the flowers in the backyard and give them to you like they are a bouquet of roses. 

A Spoonful of Sugar - Happy Birthday - This is the one time of the year I have no family Birthdays.  I guess this card will go into my file for the future.  It's always good to have them already made.

Pile it on - Spring - Flowers and Bees - Hello Spring!  I love flowers, and hate the bees they attract but this one is cute and can't sting me. 

Stamp with Fun - Animals - I love this little bear.  I couldn't wait to use him!

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you like my card.  Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment.  I love hearing from everyone.

Peggy
Supplies:
CS:  SU Tempting Tourquiose, Elegant Eggplant
DP: We R Memory Keepers
Stamps:  Sassy Cheryl, SU
MISC:  Ribbon (?), Dew Drops, Prima and SU flowers, MS punch, Stickles

13 comments:

Jeannie said...

Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Michelle Quinno said...

This so cute! You did a great job on the challenges. Hope you girls had fun.

Mary C said...

I love this card Peggy. The colors are gorgeous and theflower punch is a perfect accent to a perfect card! Great job on this card!!!!!

shelly said...

aww sweet image :) i love the colors on this :) thanks for playing along at craftycreations

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card, fab image.
luv
Debby

andrea said...

gorgeous card,lovely detail and colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week in our Distressing challenge! Love your card! Cheers Claire x

Ann English said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Thank you for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday!

Lisa said...

Very Good!!!! :) This card is Wonderful!!!! Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls!

Julie said...

A really cutie - lovely card.

Cat said...

Just adorable! I love the colors and beautiful embellishments! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Janice said...

Lovely card and sooo many challenges! Thanks for playing Simple Doodles!

Chris said...

Such a sweet card and a cute image too. Love your colouring and design. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS, Chris :)