Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ruff Day?


Happy Sunday! Is everyone hooked on the Olympics like I am? It is amazing what some of these athletes can do. I sit down for a minute to watch it and then find myself still watching it hours later.

I took my eyes off the Olympics this afternoon to color this image. I love Hershey in the tub. I used both glitter and crystal effects for the bubbles and the water. When I punched the bubbles out of the strip I decided they looked plain so I put crystal effects on those also to give the card a little more dimension.

The challenges my card meets are:

Sew Many - Sketch - I had a tough time with this sketch. I make square cards and had a tough time fitting everything on but I love the papers I used.

Crafty Cardmakers
- Digital - This is a digital Sew Many stamp and then I typed the saying from word.

Dare you to Digi - Punches - I love dots and bubbles so when I saw this punch last year I thought I would use it alot. It surprised me when I realized this was the first time I pulled it out. I filled the circles with crystal effects to make them look more bubbly.

Frosted Designs - Polka Dots and Plaid - I love these papers and I love both polka dots and plaids so I loved this challenge theme.

If the Shoe Fits -Mad for Plaid - I love this plaid paper and found I was hording it so I decided this was the time to use it.

Incy Wincy - Punch it out- Now that I have used this bubble punch I know I will be using it more!

Little Red Wagon - Ribbon - The saying looked lost on this card so I decided to weave ribbon through it to make it look like it fit better on the card.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you like my card. I love reading all your comments. Thanks to all who leave them.

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink
DP: Memory Box, Basic Grey
STAMP: Sew Many
MISC: Tonic Punch, Ribbon from Michaels, SU Glitter, Crystal Effects

19 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

How cute Peggy!! You've colored this image perfectly Love how you embellished the water! Sentiment words perfect of course!! Awesome card!!!

And no!! You are NOT alone in your Olympic addiction lol I find myself doing the same thing!! I'm sitting here now trying to get things done before the hockey game comes on!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!! Hope you'll join us beginning Feb. 26th for our New Release Blog Hop.

lesleyworth said...

adorable! what a great sentiment! thank you for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Debbie said...

Too cute for words! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Nice job! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

kim.mom said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! Love the sentiment and I love how you turned the sketch on its side! Love it!!!

Tam said...

Hi

Absolutely gorgeous card.
Love the image and the colours.

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Tami

Mary C said...

This card came out so cute Peggy. I also had a bit of a challenge fitting the sketch to a square card. That dog is so adorable, great coloring on it!

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, so cute! Love what you did with the bubbles!!

nessy said...

so cute ~ love the colours and the pink bubbles!!
vanessa xx

Deanna said...

Cute
Dee - LRW

Unknown said...

this is so well done, the water is brill, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

by. Amy Schultz said...

aww, that is so cute! I adore that image! Thanks for playin with the Shoes!

Vixykins said...

Love what you did with the bubbles on the strip, really effective. Lovely work!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Sandra said...

Great card! I love the way you have used your punch here by filling the circles to make them look more 'bubbly' Genius. Thanks for joining us on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp with our 'punches' Challenge.
Sandra x

Chris said...

A gorgeous card and such a lovely way to use your punches. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

Barb Craft said...

Well.... isn't this just cute as a button?! Love that sweet little image you used! Glad you joined us at FD!
Barb :)

Unknown said...

haha! i just printed out that same digi! love hershey eh? he is just super cute! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!

Stacy Walker said...

Adorable. I love how you did the card. Great job.

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Super cute!