Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Have an Ice Day


Good Morning. This week has flown by. I have been really busy at work. I did find some time to put together this card. It's nice to take a break and have a little fun.

This is a High Hopes stamp I bought last year. I like the big hat and goofy smile.

These are the challenges this fits.

Techno Stamper - Sketch - I really like the sketch this week.

Frosted Designs - Embossing - I wanted to add a little more dimension so I embossed the brown patterned paper in addition to the punched sides.

Pile it on - Enough with winter colors. Brown and Green are definitely non winter colors for me!

Your Next Stamp Challenge - Charm - My gloves

Crafty Anns - Metal - My charm is my metal

Fab & Funky - Emboss - I embossed the DP & green punched sides

The Pink Elephant - It's their 1st birthday and the challenge was to go through the last year of challenges and pick your favorite. Mine is Winter. I love making snow cards!

Incy Wincy Designs
- Put your hats on - Make a card with a hat. This theme is what had me thinking about this stamp.

Saturday Spotlight - The bigger the better. Something had to be oversized. One of the things I like about this stamp is his oversized hat.

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - This was an open challenge to do anything we like!

Thank you for stopping by and looking at my card. I love reading your comments. Thanks to everyone who lets me know what they think.

Peggy
SUPPLIES:
CS: SU Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
DP: Basic Grey
STAMPS: High Hopes, Amuse
MISC: Cuttlebug embossing folders, MS & Papershaper snowflake punches, Charm, MM brads, Ribbon??

29 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Wonderful card Peggy, and well done with all those challenges, thank you for making Crafty Ann's one of them.
Ann x

Barb Craft said...

Wow... what an adorable snowman! That large hat and crooked smile certainly give him some personality! I love that you used colors other than the traditional winter colors! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Barb

Michelle Quinno said...

That's adorable, Peggy! I love how you popped the image!

nessy said...

he is just so adorable ~ he does have the sweetest smile ~love the paper and all the detail you have used ~especially those mittens!!
vanessa xx

Audrey said...

Too cute. I love the sentiment and the coloring job is great. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is sooo gorgeous!! I love that snowman and your sparkles, snowflakes and colors!! OK...love it all!! ;) That hat is so BIG and fun!! You are right!! Goes perfect!! Thanks for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! Love having you join us!! HUGS

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Peggy this is one fabulous card loving your design and colours thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

cheryl said...

this is a gorjus card love the image thanks for playing along at incy this week love cheryl xxx

Liz said...

Beauty .. love it ..thanks for joining incy wincy this time good luck

Liz x

Ginny said...

LOVE this colour combo, thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at FnF :)

Darlene said...

So adorable!! Love the little mitten charm! Awesome creation! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! We have a new challenge coming up on Saturday ... hope you can join us!!

Mary C said...

This card came out fantastic Peggy. I love the snowman done in the the brown and green!

Erin... said...

Oh I just love this!! What a cute snowman an dfun little mittens!! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Spotlight!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is fab!! I just love your snowman, your embossing, and all your embellishing. Gorgeous work on this week's challenge. Have a great Weekend.

Hugs,
Chris

Beryl said...

This great - love the image and the embellishments.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

SemSee said...

Aw, he's so cute! Love the mittens charm! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp Challenges. Hugs, Sem x

Rosanne said...

I would have never thought to put a snowman on green! Great card! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Peggy, adorable card! Please visit my blog I have a wonderful stamp for you from Sew Many Cards blog hop!

http://auntbeespickles.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!
Sarah

Nikki said...

What a fab Snowman and Great Big hat
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Heather "Hev" said...

Great card and very clever sentiment :)

Thank you so much for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Anne said...

Thank you for playing along with CACB this time with such a 'WOW' card. Hugs xx

Pia said...

Love it Peggy! The colors are perfect

Tam said...

Hi Peggy,

Awesome card and love the sentiment.
Great colours too.

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Tami

MJ said...

Very cute, that snowman is just adorable. You certainly covered a lot of territory with this card. So many challenges. Thanks for making my sketch one of them you did a fabulous job with it. Many chickened out this week, but you rocked it!

Jennifer said...

This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

MelissaS said...

this is such a great card! I love the embossed dp and the little mitten charm!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Another gorgeous creation!

Kristen said...

Look at you stepping out of the "winter colored" box. Love that. your card is wonderful.

Maureen said...

Great card - love the papers and that fab charm! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!