Monday, July 6, 2009

3CTC20


Time flies, doesn't it? The 4th of July came up so quickly I never made a card for it. Kerry's challenge is red, white and blue which, of course, made me think of the 4th.

I don't have time to make a new red, white and blue card before Thursday but still wanted to participate. I made this card for a friend of mine that just bought a new house. They were not sure they could pull it off without selling their house which they can't do right now. They were thrilled when it happened because they are downsizing. They will rent it until they can sell their house. First step towards retirement...She isn't a pastel person so I made the card Red, white and blue. I know I'm cheating with the pink in it for the challenge but since it's mostly red, white and blue I figured it still counted.

I colored the side red to make it look like she was painting. I put crystal effects everywhere there was paint. I was stuck on what to do with the floor. I like the beige (I know, another not red, white or blue) because now it is so hard for me not to put something on the bottom of my cards. Remember when everything we did was suspended in air? I'm also having a hard time on the backgrounds now that I am use to seeing clouds. I outlined the girl and the white rectangle in blue to take away some of the white.

I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like my card.



CS: SU Real Red, Not quite Navy
DP: SU
STAMPS: Sugar Nellie, Hero Arts
MISC: Prima's, Ribbon, Buttons, Nesties, SU die, Copics

4 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

That is adorable, Peggy!! You did a great job with everything and I definitely think it fits the red, white and blue!

Mary C said...

I love that you did this card in res, white and blue. All the backround and edging in dots really makes the the whole card "POP"! This card is fantastic!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow great card...love the layout! Thanks for joining the RWB challenge and hope you can join us this week for the sketch challenge.

Kristen said...

Wow, I LOVE it. This is so cute, and I love everything you did here!