Friday, January 30, 2009

TSSC # 54


Thank you Kristen for asking me to participate in Mary Jo's sketch challenge. I loved the sketch and had alot of fun making the card. I can't wait to see the next one. There are alot of talented ladies participating in these challenges. I suggest you check out Mary Jo's blog to see how everyone else interpreted the sketch. Thanks to Mary Jo for hosting these and letting me participate.

I started this card Wednesday. I was trying to figure out what stamp to use while I was watching it snow outside. I decided that I wanted to Think Spring, not Winter. This is a new Whipper Snapper stamp I had received recently. I thought a Frog dressed in a coat that looked like a ladybug expressed my feelings perfectly. Isn't he cute! My memento ink pad needs to be re-inked and I currently don't have a re-inker for it and I wanted the color to be dark black so I embossed. Unfortunetly this means I could not use copics to color. I colored the Coat with Red and blue shimmerz but didn't have the right colors for the rest. Going through my stash of supplies I found some glitter markers for the frog and shoes.

I went through every piece of Red DP I had and none of it matched the SU Real Red so I went with the simple white background with a cuttlebug folder. I think I need to carry a piece of Real Red CS with me so I can match it up when I go to my LSS.

I hope you enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it. Happy Friday everyone!!!

SUPPLIES:
Paper: SU Real Red, GP White
Stamps: Whipper Snapper, Just Rite
Prima Flowers
Shimmerz, Gelly Roll Metallic Markers, Gelly Roll white signo pen
Nesties, Cuttlebug embossing folders

5 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Peggy, that is so cute! LOVE the stamp, color combo, sketch, etc. Nice job!

Real Red is one of my favorites and it's very hard to match.

Mary C said...

What a great job you did on this sketch. I love the look of that cute frog. I bet he is very shimmery and I like the white backround though I know what you mean about Real Red hard to match! Wonderful card Peggy!

Kristen said...

YEAH!!!! Great card. I attemped the sketch, but I don't have nestis, and I was getting frustrated. I am so happy you are playing along. Great card peg!

Pia said...

Great card Peggy! I am having a lot of troubles with red too! I am just about out of real red!
Pia

MJ said...

How cute! I love that stamp and your coloring is perfect. The addition of the flowers on top are wonderful. And I soooooo agree, let's all think spring! Thanks so much for playing along.