Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Play Ball !!!!



Happy Tuesday!!  How is everyone doing?   I can't believe it is March 1st already.  Spring is around the corner which means all our snow will melt and we can put our shovels away!!

Today we have a wonderful Theme and Sponsor for Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge.  The theme is to make a card for a child and our Sponsor is Bugaboo!!!!  They were so kind to let us pick an image to show you.  Anyone who knows me knows I love Baseball.  The season is right around the corner so when I saw this image I knew I had to have it.   She is so cute!! I had alot of fun coloring her.  You need to check out their new stamps.  They are all adorable.  Check out what the other very creative DT's did with their Bugaboo images.  You can find their names on my sidebar.




The other wonderful challenges my card fits into are:

Fresh Brewed - Ribbons and Bows - I thought the strips looked too plain so I added some lace ribbon and then decided to make a bow with flowers to finish the card off.
Paper Pretties - Glitter - I have glitter on my flowers and then I wanted to try my new glitter pen so I put some glitter highlights in her hair.

Scrapbook Sisters - Lace & Pearls - I thought putting lace on this card really finished it off and I do love my Pearl pens.  I used the white and blue on this car.
Southern Girls - Brads, Gems or Dewdrops - I choose Gems and my pearls on this card are my Gems.
Digi Doodle's Shop Best - Spots/Dots - I love polka dots.  My pink paper has dots on it.  You can't see it but the blue paper under the lace has dots and I added dots to my image.
Pixie - Summer colors &/or Elements - Baby Pink and Blue are summer colors and Baseball theme is my summer element.
Stamping B - Flower - I love flowers and I have many different one's on this card.
Crafty Sentiments - Spring - Baseball says Spring to me!  Even if it is cold in April I know watching the games that spring has arrived.
Do you Stack Up?  Anything Goes - I love these themes.  My card always fits. 
Guylou's Inimitablility - Anything Goes -  My card definitely fits the anything goes theme
Shelly's Images - Ribbon - I love this lace ribbon I got at AC Moore.  It is really thin but very detailed which I like.

Alphabet Challenge - Q = Quotes/Sayings - I love when I start hearing Play Ball!!!!!  It is my favorite saying in the spring.
Fussy & Fancy - Emboss or Paper Piece - I love this new sizzex embossing folder I have.  I thought it would fit perfectly with my image.
Stamp Something - Flowers - I love all the flowers I have on this card.  I wanted a girly card even though it is sports theme and I think the flowers do that.
Prairie Fairy Fun Friday - Favorite Song - This time of year it is Take me out to the Ballgame!
Crazy 4 Challenges - Use Flowers - I have alot of different flowers on this card.  I think they fit well with the soft colors.
One Stop - Spring flowers - All the flowers on this card are spring flowers.  I can't wait to plant my own.
Sweet Stampin - Oh So Girly - When I saw this stamp I knew I wanted to color her in soft colors.  I like the way it came out.
Patty's Creations - Make your own embellishment - I made 2.  I made a florette at the bottom and layered flowers & leaves on it and then when I wanted a bow but thought it would be too big I twisted the lace and then tied roses on it.
Fun with Shapes & More - Sketch - I saw this sketch and thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to achieve with this card.  I think it worked great. 
Simply Create - Power of Flowers - I love flowers, I don't care if they are on a card or planted in the ground.  Since there is still alot of snow on the ground, my only choice is to put alot on my cards.
The Res-Q - Boxes - The theme is to use squares or make a square card.  I always make square cards.  More room to be creative!
Cupcake Inspirations - The cupcakes this week are frosted in Pink, Blue and Yellow.  These are the same colors I chose for my card.
Incy Wincy Designs - Spring is in the Air - Baseball says Spring to me!  
Lollipop Crafts - Think Spring - Think Spring Baseball!!  This is a sure sign that spring has come.
Paper Play Time - Use Digi - Anything Goes - I love these themes and I love my digi's
The Crazy Challenge - Here comes Spring - Here comes Baseball!  A sure sign Spring is around the corner.
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes - Perfect theme!!!

Thank you for stopping by and looking at my card.  A huge thanks to everyone who leaves a comment.  I love reading all of them.

Peggy

35 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Lovely card - beautiful colouring and great image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very cute. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Shelly's Images said...

So pretty. Thanks so much for sharing this project with us this week at Shelly's Images for our ribbon challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.

Basement Stamper said...

the baseball images are too cute, I'll definitely be playing with those and she looks so cute with her Red Sox pennant. Great job!

StephC said...

Wow, impressive how you've combined all of those challenges. What a gorgeous card! The image is darling. So glad you joined us for this weeks Cupcake Inspirations challenge!

Sandi said...

Peggy - Beautiful grouping of flowers!
Well Done!
Thanks for playing in our challenge!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Cleota said...

Very cute! Love that image and how you've twisted the lace. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

Cleota
DT Member

princesskitten said...

What a lovely colour combo

kitten DYSU team

princesskitten said...

What a lovely colour combo

kitten DYSU team

mamichelle said...

This is so pretty, Peggy! I was going to ask why you didn't use Red Sox colors until I saw the banner!

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Peggy, lovely image
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, I love the pink and blue together. Thanks for joining us at DFo You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! I love the handmade embellishments and the image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

tampatha said...

I just love your card and it screams spring! Your colors are fantastic! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Lollipop this week and hope to see you again!
-Tammy DT

Melissa said...

Makes me long for spring! Thanks for joining us this week for the Pixie Dust Challenge!

Sammibug said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the layout! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Shelly's Images this week in our ribbon challenge.

Lisa said...

So cute and girly while sporty at the same time! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something and Cupcake Inspiration Challenges this week!

Chris said...

that's a cute tomboy image, and a cute card.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Cor* said...

cute, cute creation! Love your color palette! Great embossing ! Woooo weeee ! I'm totally singing now. Thanks for allowing us fairies at FFF to inspire your song creation this fortnight! good luck!

Jolara said...

beautifull ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce xo

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Gorgeous card, Thank you for joining in at Alphabet Challenge
Hugs
Tamara

* Shaz * said...

Great card, Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

JennyKozar said...

Such a cute image! Love what you have done with it. Thanks for playing along with Paper Playtime!

karenw said...

Such a cute card - I love the image and the colouring - who knew girly and baseball would go so well together??

Thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x

Rachel Hope said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations!

Go Sox!

Trina said...

This cute card definitely does fit the anything goes theme! I love how you turned a tomboy-ish image into a girly card! Thanks for playing at Guylou's Inimitability!

Renkata said...

Very cute and lovely card.
Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

Beverly Montez said...

Peggy, this is adorable. I am SO ready for baseball season to start again!

Margreet said...

adorable card Peggy....love your colour scheme...lovely image and so fab coloured....thanks for joining FFF....hope to see you next time again!
xxx Margreet

gina g said...

Gorgeous card I love the colours image and papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Ronnie said...

Such a sweet image!Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations!

OmaGloria said...

She is such a cutie. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

Viv said...

Gorgeous girly card! Love your colouring, cute image too! Thanks for playing at Southern Girls. Viv xx

naomikiss said...

love your blog. follow me! http://naomikiss.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

What a cute image and you have made a very beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our flowers challenge...hope to see you again for the next challenge.