Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Special Gift

Wow I can't believe it is Feb 1st already.  January flew by for me.  I hope everyone had a good weekend. Saturday I got together with Mary, Kristen, Pia, Michelle and Trish to stamp.  It is always a fun day to compare ideas and have some laughs.  I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to but that is okay.  I really liked what I made and this card is one of them. 

Today is Tuesday so it is time for another Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge.  I loved making the card for this one.  We have a great sponsor, Di's Digi Downloads!!!   She was kind enough to let us pick an image to play with.  I loved so many of them it took me forever to pick one.  I kept going back to this adorable cat so that is the one I picked.  You need to check these out.  I'm sure you will fall in love with them too.  The theme this week is easy, Love or Friendship.    How easy is that?? 


So grab those Love or Friendship stamps and play along!!!

The other wonderful challenges my card fits are:


Cooking it up with Kate - Texture & Punch - I have alot of texture with my flowers & lace and I used my new MTF and Spellbinder dies for my punches.


Fab & Funky - Delight in your Digi's - Di's digi's were a delight for me!

Fresh Brewed - Inspiration - I took the Pink, Green & Blue from the photo for inspiration.


Stampavie & More - Love - I like this valentine with non traditional colors.

Charisma - Love - I think this would make a great valentine for a child and who doesn't love children.

Paperplay - Layer it up - This was easy for me!  I love layers and have many on this card.

Crafty Catz - Flowers - I love flowers and I love the colors of my flowers on this card.


Mami Doodles - Magic of Love - I am having alot of fun making Valentines card this year.  There are so many ways to say Love.

Prairie Fairy Fun Friday - For a Sweetheart - This card would be a cute card to tell your sweetheart how you feel.

The Townscrapper - Dies - I love dies!  I used spellbinders and My Favorite Things dies on this card.

Stamp Scrap & Doodle - Get Punchy - I love my punches and dies.  I don't know if I could make a card without them!  This card uses my corner punch, spellbinders & MFT die

Totally Gorguss- As you like it - This challenge was to make something you like.  I really like the way this card came out.

Lexi's Creations - Valentine - I got my saying a a LSS sale and I love it because it says Love in a different way.

Lollipop Crafts - Sisters - I would not have any problem giving my card to my sister Mary.  She is a special gift to me.  She not only is there whenever I need her, she is the person who got me into stamping which is a huge joy in my life.

Paper Play Time - Digi Monday -I do love my digi's!!!   I am so happy Paper Play time will have this theme once a month!!


Stamps R Us - Animals - Isn't this cat so cute!  I had a blast coloring her.


Wild Orchid Crafts - Love Is - Love is so many things and I think telling someone they are your special gift is a wonderful way to say Love.

Pile it On - Punch it - I look at my dies just like punches and I love both of them.  On this card I used my corner Punch and my Spellbinders and My Favorite things dies.


Stamptacular - Whateva - I love this!!   And my card fits it perfectly LOL!!

Annabelle - Sketch - I loved this sketch.  I really worked with what I wanted to do.

Thank you for visiting and looking at my card.  I hope you like it.  Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment.  I love reading them

Peggy

33 comments:

Kerry Steger said...

Hi Peggy!!
I love your take on the sketch!! The layering of the borders and lace is a lovely touch. Thanks for joining in the AnnaBelle Sketch Challenge this month!

Kylie said...

Hi Peggy,
What an adorable card!
Love your cute little cat and you have coloured him in so beautifully!
LOVE your choice of colours and DP and I'm also loving your flowers, lace, ribbon, pearls, everything!
Such an adorable card, LOVE it!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take care,
Kylie X

mamichelle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Peggy! And even more so in person!! I had fun too.

Katie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie and PIO :)

Wendy Colledge said...

Awwwh Peggy, how adorable!!
Just the sweetest kitty I've ever seen ;o)
Thank You for sharing at Mami Doodles

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a beautiful card, so adorable and sweet. Thank you for joining us at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Peggy
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Basement Stamper said...

love the ribbon threaded through the lace on this one. Gorgeous!

Kiki said...

Your card looks gorgeous! The image is so cute and colored perfectly!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Kat said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

How sweet is this? I love the pink and green color combo and that image is darling. Terrific card for a sweetheart! So happy you came to play with the fairies at Fairy Fun Friday this week!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet! I love that image and the colors! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

sharon said...

So cute. Thanks for joining in at Lexis creations. Sharon x

Heather said...

Oh this is SO sweet! I love the little kitten. Not often you see a kitten making puppy dog eyes ;) LOVE the flowers and lace.

Thanks for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Sue W said...

Such a sweet card.......Love all the added detail!
Congrats on the number of challenges you managed with your card and thanks for adding AnnaBelle Stamps........Good Luck!

Sue Kohler said...

stunning Peggy! your image is beautifully coloured, the layers on the background are a perfect partner!
Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps! :)

Tracey Brossart said...

Aww such a precious card! Love the soft pastel colors and the beautiful lace!

Thanks so much for joining us over at FFF this week and goodluck! :)

x♥Tracey♥x
FFF/DT for PFD

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Peggy this is absolutely beautiful the design, colours and that image all look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

BethieJ said...

I LOVE your card, that image is just DARLING!
Thanks for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

Melissa S. said...

This is just wonderful. I love love love it Thank you for playing along with us at Pile It On this week.

carol said...

beautiful lovely card, thanks for joining in with our flower challenge at craftycatz, x carol

Liz Weber said...

Wowzers Peggy awesome job covering so many wonderful challenges with this beautiful card. I just love your take on the ABSC034 and your image looks wonderful. Thanks for playing along!

stampinmoments.com said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful colours and image!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Karita said...

Beautiful card with cute image! :) And I love those DP`s! :)

Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Just A Pac Rat said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for entering Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday's challenge this week. Good luck!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

jimlynn said...

Such a sweet and lovely card! Precious image too.
Thanks for playing along at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Helen said...

Awww...such a cute card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

...just Barbara said...

This is an adorable card - I love this color of pink and green together. The embellishments are perfect and the image is colored great! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lollipop Crafts challenge this week. :D

Jacki Randolph said...

Peggy, this is absolutely beautiful!! Love this image from Di's and you're coloring just brings it to life!!!

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Awwh this is so adorable! Love that image and flowers! TFS at Paper Playtime!