Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Sunday!!!  It is for me.  Today I leave for 4 days at a Spa!!!  I'm going to a wonderful spa for my vacation.  It is up on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Maine.  It is beautiful!!  My sister and I found it last year and decided we really needed to go this year.  When not getting facials, pedicures, massages, we will be relaxing by the pool or shopping at the nearby outlets (yes there is a small stamp store too!!).

Before I leave, today's theme for the Stempeltraume challenge is a to make a card with inner life.  I took this to make a card decorated inside and out.  I decided since I would be decorating the inside, I would make my Mothers Birthday card.  Her Birthday is in a few weeks and it's nice to know I have it done and I love it.    I bought this digi from Fred She Said for the card.  I love her work and she makes the most beautiful flowers. Above is the outside of the card.  Here is the inside.


The other wonderful challenges this card fits are:


The Beary Scrap - Sketch - I love this sketch.  I knew this would be perfect for my card.  I loved that the sketch was made for me to use my heart punch around the card.

The Shabby Tea Room - Tag - The Happy Birthday is a tag.

Die Cut Dreams - Pearls & Pins - I love both and they are fitting for this card.

Wild Orchid Crafts - Pearls and Pins - I love Pearls and the pin was a great touch on this card.


Everybody Art - Hand made flowers - I tried different flowers on this card and didn't like the look so I cut out multiple pansies and layered them for a 3 D look on the flower for the bottom.

My Time to Craft - Jeweled - I put pearls, and glitter on this card.  I hope that is considered jewels.  I think it does.


Fab & Funky - What "eva" - Cute cute cute theme name.....My card defiantly fits this theme.

Gingersnap - Punches - I love my around the page heart punch by fiskars.  It is so easy to use.

Totally Gorjuss - Flowers - I love flowers.  On this card flowers are the main image and I cut one out to put as am embellishment.

Your Next Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes - I love this theme!

Paper Cutz - Tags - My Happy Birthday is a tag.  Normally I would do this but the sketch called for it and I like the way it looks on this card.

Crafty Calendar - Blue and Flowers - I love Blue!!  I usually can find a way to use it on most cards.

Prairie Fairy Fun Friday - Embossing - I love embossing.  I embossed the DP behind the image on this card to make it a little more elegant.

Drunken Stampers - Circles - I tend to put alot of circles on cards.  I have the circles around my image and the saying on this card.

Penny's - Happy Birthday - This is going to be my mothers Birthday card.  I hope she likes it.

Southern Girls - Anything Goes - This is their 1st challenge.  You should stop by and check them out!

Thank you for visiting.  Thanks to everyone who leaves me a comment.  I love reading all of them.

Peggy

28 comments:

Samantha said...

This card is lovely. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Southern Girls.
Hugs
Sam xx

Samantha said...

Great card and tag. Thanks for playing along at PCC this week.
Hugs
Sam xx

Céline et Nathalie said...

Whaouh!
your card is fantastic i'm sure that your mother will apreciate!
hugs
céline

mforquer said...

Wow such vibrant beautiful colors! My first thought was OH my those colors just pop off the card! I love it - the tag is a great touch too and perfect for our challenge at Paper Cutz! Thanks for playing along!
Melissa

Jeri said...

Beautiful card. You mom is going to love it. Great job incorporating the tag for our challenge at PCC. Thanks for playing.

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo, the layout, and that fancy pin! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

JD said...

Lovely card...

Diane said...

I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

mamichelle said...

This is so pretty, Peggy! I'm sure your mom loved it!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a pretty card! I love the floral image and the color combo you used. Lovely coloring job, too. The embossing and punched edging look wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

mamichelle said...

Sorry, I just read your post and saw you were going on vacation. I know exactly where you're going! Have a nice relaxing time!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Absolutely gorgeous...love the different shades you used and the embossing is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Viv said...

Beautiful card! Love your pin and yummy colours! Thanks for joining us at the first Southern Girls Challenge. Viv x

sue said...

Gorgeous card!I love those beautiful pansies! Thanks for joining us at SGC.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh WOW ... this is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. We do hope to see you again next challenge.

Jen said...

What a beautiful card!!

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous Peggy! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our Birthday Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

girlia said...

Beautiful card.

Kristine said...

WOW, your coloring is just FABULOUS on this! LOVE the beaded pin on here too. So elegant with your punched border frame too! LOVE IT *Ü*

Bettina said...

this is so beautiful. thanks for joining us over at SGC. hugs bettina

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge - good luck sweetie!

Cheers,
Susan

Nina Macaulay said...

Gorjuss card!!! Love the image, flowers'n details.

Thanks for joining in with the Totally Gorjuss challenge this week, Good luck!

Hugs Nina x

CuddlyBunny said...

Wow! Just beautiful! I love the color scheme!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Whoever receives this is most definitely going to have a happy birthday. It's gorgeous! I love those rich blue and purple tones!

Thanks so much for livin' it up with the Drunken Stampers!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Bev said...

Beautiful card, the detail is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week x

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Such a sweet, beautiful card! Love the colour combo and every detail! :)
Thanks for joining FFF! :)

Jane said...

This is stunning! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge! hugs, Jane xxx